Skip to main content

Drinking beer, oh dear...

Remember what the english-man said to me. "beer and wine, just fine, wine and beer oh dear"

I took my bike today, went to town, it was mild, it was quite wet but warm, I pushed three miles in order to get Waterloo Stn, Went to the bank, as usual no intelligent answers from "customer service" I got back, I stopped in an off licence...

-Hi mate!!!-
-Hi-
-How ya doin'-
-pretty good ta!-
-are ya still selling beer-
-yes but you'd better put it into you backpack-
-no prob-

I bougth some beer, two litres of "evian" water, bread, a half pint of milk, a tin of tuna fish and two tomatoes. I put all that stuff in my backpack and when I was leaving the shop the lad behind the counter asked me with that Indian accent:

-are ya new in this place???-

and i said:

-well, yes... I have just moved in last sunday-
-good luck- he said
-what time ya close?- I asked
-7:30 he said-
-quite early- I said
-well... 12 hours behind the counter are not easy- he said
-yip!!! I got it...9 hours riding a bike in town are not easy- I said
-but it is just 4:00 o'clock why are you goin' back...?- he said
-broke tha chain, it is raining and I twisted my ancle yesterday tryin' to fix the whashing machine... you know... shit things we've got to do...- I replied

I was leaving the shop and the lady beside the man behind the counter asked me why did I put the bottle of water upside down in my back pack?

-I'll tell ya something... when you ride a bike 9 hours per day you want you water ready, it is just a trick, I just take it out from the back pack, right to my mouth and back again... liked it don't ya?-

-you're a clever chap-

-just get used to do so... we've got to know many secrets doin' this job- I said

-Sure your girlfriend loves ya! you're very nice- she retorted

-She used to..... hava good one- I replied.

Im pushing the bike, I can hear a funny sound in the chain, the back wheel needs some oil, it is getting warm but it is still cold and it is raining, I saw a raven flying over my head, I'm pushig to the south and noone waits for me at home... she's gone

She's gone

Oh dear...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Volan's last will.

This is a picture of the envelope I received. On September the 29th I received a letter sent from London Metropolitan Police’s forensic department. The envelope contains Volan’s death report. I am still recovering from such a terrible moment. As Volan’s closest (and perhaps sole) friend I am in the obligation of publishing these lines on his own blog, as it was his last will. In strange circumstances my dearest friend Volan passed away in the dawn of the 23rd of September in Homerton Hospital in London. His body was carted off from the churchyard of Saint Paul’s Cathedral after a mad night out with Siobhan (Sweeny), -an Irish-Scottish blues singer whose Volan had just met few hours before in the surrounding areas of Anexo Bar, close to Farringdon Station. At the moment that the ambulance arrived at the place Volan showed a critical state and almost without vital signals dying a while after indoors, in the above mentioned hospital. The death certificated shows a very cryptic language

Ain't it shame....Summer is here........Aaaaagggghhh

Summer is here, yet I am not really happy, things are not going well but what can I do?. There is a new entry, new music, and a new drawing by Ferney . (he seems to be quite busy nowadays to visit his friends). A hot June damped by the Monsoon, full of football, (oh dear! I am still looking forward watching FOOTBALL.). The musical selection* for this very week is made of the Scotish band Belle & Sebastian , David Gilmour's great Pink Floyd ,the ex-gunners (Guns and Roses) Velvet Revolver , Gomez (pretty new band but very very good -sometimes it reminds me "Beck" -Not David Beckham of course),a bit of powerful punk by Bob Geldof's Boomtown Rats -Irish Band-, Lou Reed's Velvet Underground ,a song by Nirvana from the "Nirvana Box" for those who say that the lads from Seattle never played Blues -and for a very special friend whose I believe hates Nirvana-, The Cure ; because we all were lovely children (with good taste) once upon a time, British

the wall of discord

LA TRIPLE FRONTERA Polémica en Paraguay por el muro que Brasil construirá en la frontera La valla se edificará frente a Ciudad del Este. Lo califican de "gesto de hostilidad".( mas ) BRASILIA, Brazil - Brazil will build a wall on a small portion of its border with Paraguay in an effort to combat contraband and smuggling, the government's official news agency said.( more ) Source: Clarin, Buenos Aires.(esp) and MSNBC(eng)